Executive Assistant and Board Administrator
Title: Executive Assistant and Board Administrator
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: This is a non-supervisory position
Conservation Corps is a 501(c)(3) that provides hands-on environmental stewardship and service-learning opportunities to youth and young adults while accomplishing conservation, natural resource management and emergency response work. Our goals are to help young people from diverse backgrounds become more connected to the environment, engaged in natural resource conservation, involved in the community and prepared for future employment through a variety of programs.
- Manages all aspects of administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Provides administrative support to Board of Directors and maintains all Board administration and governance documentation.
- Provides administrative support to the Human Resources Director.
- Leads planning of organization-wide staff events / meetings.
- Serves as the primary support to Executive Director on matters relating to the Executive Director’s chief obligations and mandates.
- Works with Executive Director to coordinate and prioritize her daily appointments and business obligations.
- Screens Executive Director’s incoming calls and correspondence, and responds independently where appropriate.
- Arranges Executive Director’s meetings and conferences, including handling communication, travel arrangements, and other related functions and documentation.
- Leads planning of Annual Staff and Board Member Holiday Party, all-staff meetings and other organization-wide events.
- Assists Human Resources Director with employment verification requests, background checks, E-Verify requirements, Worker’s Comp/OSHA 300 reporting, and other year-end compliance-related reporting.
- Assists Human Resources Director with Corps Member Health Insurance administration.
- Plans, coordinates, and arranges Board of Director/Committee meetings including drafting agendas, reserving facilities, arranging catering, etc.
- Notifies Board of Directors of meetings, deadlines, and upcoming special events at least two weeks in
- advance, as appropriate.
- Coordinates travel arrangements and accommodations for Board members.
- Keeps minutes of Board meetings, as well as maintains physical and electronic copies of all minutes in compliance with audit requirements.
- Creates, updates, distributes and files Board communications and documentation, including all information related to Board administration and governance.
- Maintains Board web page and all Board-related records on staff shared server.
- Prepares expense reports for Executive Director and Board Members for submission to Finance Director.
- Assists Executive Director and Human Resources Director with special projects, as assigned.
- Performs other related functions delegated or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree plus a minimum of four years of progressively responsible administrative experience OR a minimum of six years of progressively responsible executive support experience required.
- Previous experience providing administrative support to a Board of Directors.
- Proven ability to treat sensitive/confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Strong proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to Conservation Corps mission and values.
- Previous experience with project management and/or event planning.
- Previous experience working for a nonprofit organization.
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps and/or environmental conservation work.
- This is a regular (benefits-eligible), full-time (40 hours/week), hourly position.
- The Corps offers some flexibility in schedules, occasional evening and weekend work is required.
How to apply:
- Submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@conservationcorps.org
- If you have questions, contact Andrea Sherwin (Human Resources Director) at 651.209.9900 x21
- Application deadline: May 18, 2016
While this position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by this position, it is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. As programs and initiatives are added or eliminated and communication and development strategies change, the position description may change. All positions at Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities