AmeriCorps Opportunities (ages 18-25)
AmeriCorps is a national service program that addresses challenges in our communities through the dedicated service of its members. Members join to give back to their communities while gaining a foundation of marketable skills for natural resource careers. If you are 18-25 years old, interested in national and community service and want to gain job skills in natural resource management, youth leadership, or energy conservation, join Conservation Corps!
- Field Crews based throughout Minnesota and Iowa complete natural resource projects and emergency response work during an 8-10 month or summer term. Field AmeriCorps members serve on a crew of their peers, all ages 18-25.
- Youth Outdoors Leaders engage Saint Paul and Minneapolis teens from low-income homes in educational activities and service-learning projects afterschool and Saturdays during fall and spring school semesters. When not leading youth, AmeriCorps members perform natural resource management projects.
- Individual Placements serve directly in nonprofit or government agencies that provide skills training in conservation-related projects such as educational and interpretive programs, volunteer management, community outreach, GIS mapping, and trail and wildlife surveying.
- Conservation Apprentices serve alongside a natural resource professional in a Minnesota Soil and Water Conservation District, learning hands-on skills in managing soil and water resources.
- Summer Youth Corps Leaders engage teenagers in a residential summer program, camping throughout the region to restore natural resources and learn about the environment.
Corpsmembers are participants (not employees) and receive a living allowance rather than an hourly wage. AmeriCorps members are eligible for an education award at the end of the service term and receive training in technical and work skills as well as civic engagement and leadership skills.
Looking for a staff position? Visit our employment page for current staff openings.