Conservation Corps is a 501(c)(3) that provides hands-on environmental stewardship and service-learning opportunities to youth and young adults while accomplishing conservation, natural resource management and emergency response work.
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: St. Paul, MN
Reports to: Finance Director
- Provide a positive impression as the first point of contact with Conservation Corps Minnesota & Iowa
- Provide administrative support to Conservation Corps headquarters staff
- Manage multiple databases for various departments
- Maintain office supply inventory and large conference room set-up
- Serve as primary contact for external inquiries, staff front desk / reception area and main telephone line
- Manage Work Project Accomplishment database including uploading data, reconciling data, and running reports
- Assist Finance department with timekeeping tracking system management and processing credit card statements
- Assist with general Finance duties as assigned
- Assist Development department with donor recordkeeping, tracking and acknowledgements
- Assist with planning and/or implementation of department and program-specific events as needed
- Assist Program staff with onboarding of program participants, including helping to prepare hiring paperwork and assisting with participant entry into payroll system
- Maintain office supply inventory, manage office equipment and large conference room setup, and make bulk program purchases
- Manage postage / postage machine and distribute incoming office mail to staff
- High School Diploma
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel
- Experience managing databases
- Proficiency with MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Professional demeanor and good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm and commitment to Conservation Corps mission and values.
- Bachelors Degree or 2-year Associates Degree in Office Administration or related field
- Previous experience with nonprofit organizations
- Familiarity with AmeriCorps and/or environmental conservation work
- This is a regular (benefits-eligible), full-time (40 hours/week), hourly position.
- The Corps offers some flexibility in schedules, occasional evening and weekend work is required
This is a regular (benefits-eligible), full-time (40 hours/week), hourly position. Benefits eligibility includes health and dental insurance, paid time off (vacation, sick time and holidays), long term disability, group term life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an employer contribution.
Application Instructions: Submit a cover letter and resume to: HR@conservationcorps.org
Application deadline: May 27, 2016
If you have questions, contact Andrea Sherwin (Human Resources Director) at 651-209-9900 ext. 21